Geekend - Kingmaker
Wanted: Tatzlwyrm[WITHDRAWN AFTER OLEG SOLD THE TRADING POST]
* Source: Wanted poster at Oleg’s Trading Post
* Task: The way everyone talks about tatzlwyrms, one might think they’re swarming throughout the Stolen Lands. This isn’t the case; they’re actually quite rare. A tatzlwyrm head would be a great conversation piece at Oleg’s. He has promised a reward for anyone who can deliver one.
* Completion: Slay a tatzlwyrm and deliver its head.
- Source: The Old Beldame.
- Task: Shambling mounds aren’t as common in the Greenbelt as they are in Hooktongue Slough, but they’re not unheard of. The Old Beldame has found that the sap of a shambling mound works wonders for cultivating certain medicinal herbs, and asks for one shambling mound’s worth of sap.
- Completion: Deliver the sap to the Old Beldame.
- Reward: The Old Beldame will pay 600 gp for the sap, along with 3 potions of cure moderate wounds.
A Missing Brother
- Source: Local aristocrat Edrist Hanvaki
- Task: Edrist worries about his brother, Temin, who recently traveled to Varnhold to seal a deal with that village’s gembutter. Temin’s been missing for days, and Edrist has promised a reward for news of his brother’s fate, or at the very least, the return of his brother’s mother-of-pearl brooch.
- Completion: Learn of Temin’s fate and report the discovery to Edrist.
- Reward: Edrist is prepared to award those who bring him the news he seeks a payment of 3,000 gp.
- Source: Wanted poster
- Task: Local (and quite eccentric) poet Iosis Vemarelion wants to write a complex epic using only pens crafted from manticore quills. He wants a healthy collection of quills to see him through this strange project.
- Completion: Quills harvested from at least two manticores should be enough to satisfy Iosis.
- Reward: In exchange for a delivery of quills, Iosis has promised a payment of a rare book of ancient halfling poetry with 3,000 gp.
- Source: A local weaver
- Task: Chamaie Lerian has heard that the giant trap door spiders that live in the hills east of the Tors of Levenies spin the softest silk in the area. She asks for a delivery of 50 square yards of good silk harvested from several spider dens.
- Completion: One spider den should yield 10 square yards of usable silk; bring 50 yards to Chamaie.
- Reward: Chamaie promises a cloak of protection +2 as a reward to whoever can supply her with silk.
The Omelet King
- Source: Jamery Gerbasken, local chef
- Task: Jamery is well known for his strange food obsessions. His latest is a desire to cook an enormous omelet from a single roc’s egg. If someone can deliver such an egg to him, he’ll organize a huge omelet-eating competition!
- Completion: Deliver one (undamaged) roc egg.
- Reward: Not only is the omelet-eating competition a huge success, but the excitement involved results in a surge of money to the kingdom, increasing the kingdom’s treasury by 6 Build Points.
A Missing Professor
- Source: Jemanda Orlashen
- Task: A representative of Oppara’s Kitharadian Academy has come to the Stolen Lands seeking one of that institution’s professors, a man named Ervil Pendrod. It seems Ervil recently traveled to Varnhold, following up on some obscure clue about ancient Iobaria, but he didn’t actually arrange for a leave of absence.
- Completion: Find Evril and convince him to return to his job in Oppara.
- Reward: Jemanda will reward whoever finds the missing professor with a fully charged wand of find traps.